Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13
The purpose of the Sons of Allen of the African Methodist Episcopal Church shall be:
- to lead men to an acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- to organize men into units and empower them to meet men’s needs in such areas as Evangelism and Stewardship.
- to teach the men of our denomination the history, doctrine and polity of our denomination with focus on the life, mission and ministry of our ancestral father, Richard Allen.
- to teach the men to witness their faith in daily living, such as in the workplace, the community, and the home.
- to encourage men to engage in outreach and service as a part of Christian servanthood.
- to seek resources and support of men as husbands and fathers.
- to empower men to serve as role models to young men and to develop youth ministries such as scouting ministries, in local units.
- to encourage men to share in ecumenical relations.
Ministering to men
Get Connected. Go Deeper.
The Sons of Allen is usually composed of three (3) or more persons, formed for the purpose of encouraging men to become involved in helping other men find Christ in their lives.